#43 User Experience
When building IoT products we want them to be a pleasure to use. In particular we want the audience to take pleasure in using them. Here are some common mistakes:
– Not taking into account how savvy actual users are using technology (many are not)
– Assuming that the audience has the willingness and time to learn the system
– Ignoring ‘small issues’ because they only occur occasionally, that will in practice erode confidence in the system
– Assuming the audience can take troubleshooting steps that require understanding the technology’s functionality
– Phrasing error messages in terms of the technical error, rather than suggesting corrective steps
As always one of the best things to do is to release a prototype early and learn!
Want to scale up your IoT solution?
Get in touch today to set up a preliminary discussion with our IoT wireless mesh experts to improve your position for the future.