- Symbiotech is a leader in wireless mesh networking, an emerging area of IoT that allows thousands of inexpensive devices to form peer-to-peer networks. We are an Australian company with clients all over the world.
- Our solution services include work with the latest wireless technologies, writing amazing web apps, mobile apps and embedded software, using a wide range of programming languages.
- Our small global team is based across Australia, Asia and Europe. As we grow our business, we’re looking for another Melbourne- and Hong Kong-based Software Engineer to help build the future Internet of Things.
Technical skill and experience Requirements
- You have a passion for technology and at least five years of professional programming experience.
- Your professional references will attest to your aptitude to write clean code, your excellent problem-solving skills and your willingness to learn
- Your tertiary qualifications in computer science will demonstrate your exceptional level of mathematics through awards or your academic results.
- Your clear, confident communication style allows you to communicate with global clients and colleagues in English, both verbally and in writing, at a proficient level.
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and high level of motivation will see you succeed working in an autonomous work environment.
keys to success
- Demonstrated ability to brutally prioritise. Be prepared to give examples of critically important projects you didn’t get done in favour of even more important projects. What criteria did you use to make your decision?
- Team partner willing to take direction, yet with the initiative to identify and act on matters without waiting for direction.
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning & using the latest tools, and constantly want to learn new things. In fact, learning and continuous growth are vital to your job satisfaction.
- Highly motivated and thrive in an environment where opportunities are many times of your own making.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Strong communication skills, both with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and embrace best practices like version control, code reviews, documentation and workflow management tools.
How to apply
- Send a PDF formatted resume with cover letter to: [email protected]
- Your Subject line should follow this format: Job Title | Your First and Last Name. eg. Remote Software Engineer HK | John Doe
- In the body of your email please explain why this role excites you, why you’d be a great fit for our team, and answer this question: “I believe people do their best work when……..”
- If we agree that you have the skills, experience and determination to thrive in this environment, we will send you our coding challenge!
- Applications must be in English. Applicants residing outside Melbourne or Hong Kong will not be considered.