Australian Smart Lighting Summit 2022 in Melbourne to present smart lighting initiatives from across the sector, bringing attendees the latest developments in urban, outdoor and public lighting.read more »
Where do losses occur in the supply chain?
Do you ever wonder where things are going wrong in your supply chain?
If you do not have full visibility into your supply chain, you are most likely experiencing significant losses in four different ways: Spoilage, Damage, Inefficiencies, and theft.
Check out how RedLore can successfully explain and solve these problems with their IoT solutions.
Temperature or humidity Excursions
It happens that losses are caused by temperature or humidity problems.
There are 4 factors that can cause this problem:
– Incorrectly set refrigeration temperature during transportation or storage
– Malfunction of the refrigeration unit
– Lack of temperature control during transport and storage
– Inadequate packaging or storage
Schock | Vibration | Tilt
Damage to the package are due to the following 3 factors:
– Rough loading or handling at the warehouse.
– Bad roads and runways, poor routing or inadequate packaging.
– Poor stacking during transport
Late or failed pick-up, incorrect delivery, weather and traffic delays
Inefficiencies are due to:
– Misplacement or misscanning
– Poor planning, miscommunication, incompatible IT systems
– Missing or incorrect shipping documents, oversight
– Uncontrollable forces
It happens that some packages are stolen.
It is estimated that thefts cost an average of 25B$.
This large loss is mainly due to inadequate protection against theft.
Want to make your business better?
Get in touch today to set up a preliminary discussion with our IoT wireless mesh experts to improve your position for the future.